We had a big lazy weekend.....how lazy? So lazy I didn't cook and DH didn't complain at all....we had take out for dinners and 'fend for yourself' lunches. It was really relaxing for us all so that was great. I did my first two layouts of the year!!! Yes!!! First two proper layouts...12x12...with photo!! I'm not counting the 40 that I did for Southern Kids Cross Camp.
And today....I made 3 cards with the scraps on my table. Hehehe...not my first 3 cards of the year...I had to make two for birthday parties a couple of weeks back. Ok...some pics to share...no...not of layouts or cards....of food.
Our dinner tonight:
Roast Chicken Thighs on a bed of onions and a yummo head of roast Garlic.
Pico de Gallo - this is a mexican side dish/salsa/salad that I fell in love with in Los Angeles.....we had it at El Pollo Loco. Utterly mind blowingly good!!! Chopped up roma tomato, onion, green chilli, coriander & dressed with lime juice and salt.
And a very quick and basic Potato & Egg salad. I usually make this with Dijonnaise and spring onion. But I ran out of both...hehehe...
Lastly....Nic tagged me....6 unimportant facts about me and because we're on the topic of food....I'll make mine food related...
1. I love raw oysters!!! I can eat a whole dozen easily!!
2. And no.....it doesn't have an aphrodisiac effect on me at all....DH lucked out there!! He can't stand oysters.
3. I love medium rare steaks....asking me to have a well done steak is torture! DH swears he can hear my steak moo-ing. He likes well done steaks.
4. I love salads....especially nice salad leaves like rocket & baby spinach.....iceburg lettuce would be last on my salad preference.
5. I love looking at cakes, tortes, pastries, tarts when they are on display in a cafe/restaurant....but I rarely eat them. They never taste as good as they look!
6. I love seafood pasta.....but I hate it if it is a tomato based seafood pasta. I like mine in olive oil with garlic and just a touch of parsley. I want to taste the seafood!!
hehehe....now that was fun! I'm hungry!!
oh...I am supposed to tag 6 people....ok....because I can declare public holidays....I am pretty sure I can change the rules.......make your 6 unimportant facts about food....hehehe
Tagging.....Michelle Vass, Michelle Tan, Jorja, Vita, Jane & Felicity