Thursday, September 20, 2007

What a weekend!!!

I had such a fabulous fabulous weekend at Portsea!!! Lots of great food, lots of creative energy to soak up, heaps of laughter and chit chat, fabulous massage, great company and very few layouts done. tee hee..isn't that always the case? Ok.....quite a few people for me to thank and mention...

Jess - for organising such a fabulous weekend ...the accomodation, surroundings....everything was perfect. Thanks to Paul for the fab sausage rolls!

Mich - for driving me to and from the retreat, for letting me use your stash, for the yummy chicken curry and music. Thanks a ton!!

Jorja - for the gorgeous smiggle boxes which have found a place in my scrapspace and for the lovely BG papers which made my 5 min layout (cough cough splutter splutter....yah....5 mins my foot) so easy to do. Also thank you for the yummy chicken satay and for making such a yummo breakfast. And our late night cuttlebug experiments!! We found out that you can cut and emboss acetate...sooo much fun. And we found a way to cut felt!!!

Suzanne - omg...how you made me laugh and nearly wet my pants with the 'for $5 more....' comment. I still can't think about that line without laughing out loud. Thank you so much for the Pritt Gel and letting me use your inks! And you've inspired me to make more Chrissy cards!!!

Trish and Anne Marie - I can't separate the two of you....your names just belong together.....thank you soo much for the hilarious eye opening conversations! Thank you so much for bring stash to make me part with my money and giving us all such fabulous discounts. I'm still kicking myself for not stocking up on cardstock.

Monk - for the great many laughs, title brainstorming and I lurve watching you scrap!!! You make it all sooo effortless!! Thanks for teaching me how to heat emboss......I came home and had to sort through my scrap mess to find the two little sachets of black and clear embossing powder!!

Jeanette - was great meeting you and omg....your card creations are just gorgeous!!!! When I grow up I want to be a cardmaker just like you!!!

Tanya and Jackie - I can't think of one of you without the other.....is that bad? Thanks for the heaps of laughter and the deep n meaningful conversations on the balcony *wink*. Thanks for sharing your stash of chockie with me...that picnic bar put me on heaven!!! Been sooo long since I've indulged in one!!

Special thanks goes to Monk, Jeanette, Jorja and Suzanne who invited us to meals. It was FABULOUS to have a hot cooked breaky and we all enjoyed a fabulous dinner and lunch together. Thanks heaps!!!

ok.....now down to why I was at the retreat......to scrap.....I only managed to do 5 layouts and a mini album. I can't share the mini album yet as I have to finish the journalling in it. And I can't share one layout because it has Jeromel's friends in it. So I have these 4 to share.
Since I've been back, it's been busy busy busy in this household. Our sofas finally got picked up ...to go back to Bay Leather Republic. Honestly, after 3 swaps on the 3 seater and waiting 2 months for the 2 seater....they were all rejects. We got our money back so now we have no couch to sit on....we have the old futon back in the loungeroom and are back on the hunt for new sofas. Know if anywhere in Vic with firm, comfy, leather, stylish sofas??? Do you think that is too much to ask from loungeroom furniture????

I've also cleaned out and re-organised my tiny scrap space....and last night sat down in front of the telly and decided to do some chrissy cards...so in about 2 hours while watching RPA and Damages (omg how great is that show???)....I churned out 12 cards!!!

Also forgot to mention that my kit has launched on Scrapping Angels!! So please do go and check out this masculine 'Celebrate Fatherhood' kit. Very often we forget to scrap about the men in our lives. So this is a perfect chance to scrap those father's day photos. The kit comes with full instructions for 4 layouts as well as two wooden blocks to alter. You'll also pick up lots of tips on how to distress. Here are some sneak peeks:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your layouts, Ruey.. How cool is that raindots as snow. Great idea.

Trish said...

Thanks Ruey for a wonderful weekend
I so enjoyed your company and got to see these stunning lo's in real life :)
Lets hope we can do it again soon
and I'm sure we can work something out with the cardstock ( plus Jorja is a consultant now !!!!)
Hugs
Trish

Felicity said...

Ruey, your layouts look fantastic and its so great to hear you had a fantastic weekend away.

Melanie said...

Ruey - I lurk here all the time and I just absolutely LOVE your work -the Boy LO id just breathtaking - keep it up as I love the inspiration I get from you :) Mwah Mel!!!!