Thursday, February 05, 2009

Out with the old...in with the new!!

Happy New Year!!!
Oh I know.......guilty as charged for falling off the blogging wagon!!!

I've had lots of emails and pm's and messages from lots of people wondering if all is well in my life.  And the answer is ....yes!!!  All is well in Ruey's world.  I've just been very very very busy!  We had a great Christmas and New Years!  And before I knew it...my husband left me again!!! And when he came back...he brought 3 relatives from the Philippines back with him who are staying with us in our tiny little house for a month.  Yes...you read right...a whole month!!!  We're in the 2nd week of their visit at the moment and while we are really enjoying it....it has been exhausting!!!!     

I actually got so busy that I nearly missed Chinese New Year!!!  hehehe..I quickly put up the Chinese new year decorations ....hahaha....and didn't even take down the Christmas decorations.  hehehe...how hilariously lazy huh???  Maybe this year will pass in the blink of an eye and I'll be early for 2009 christmas!!!!!

Wanted to share with you some recent work in magazines......hehehe....proof that I still scrap...although by the looks of this post...I might actually be mistaken for a cardmaker than a scrapper!!!

Scrapbook Creations Issue 62
I was thrilled to receive an email from Carol Lea Morgan asking me to participate in her Sketch Feature.  Fabulous sketch and I totally love this bionicles layout on a Sheer Delights background.
Creative Cardmaking & Papercraft 2009 Annual
Love this card - card base is made with Sheer Delights and it has a bouquet of vellum flowers  on it.  Gave this card to Mich for her birthday!
Teen girl card using the gorgeous Rasberry papers.  The mag spelt rasberry wrong...I guess because spell checker automatically wants it to be Raspberry...but the actual brand is Rasberry.  Love the chipboard bag!  I'm such a bag hag!!
Teen boys card again using Rasberry Schoolies products.  The card base is Basic Grey.  But the papers, card and rub ons are Rasberry.  Ultra simple card...but I like it and my only teen boy ...aka DS#2 gave it the thumbs up.  I think he's given it away already as it's not in my card box anymore.

Simple card using a bear cut out from a vintage little golden book.  Sentiment was done on word.  Simple huh????
Two cards for little boys using the gorgeous Sassafras Lass stuff.  Uber uber cute ranges!!
Easter card featuring a chocolate Bee.  

Now this is my fav card in the mag.  It's a gift card holder...and unfortunately the pics in the mag does not do it justice at all.  It didn't show the slit where you insert a gift card.  So it's not just a card...it's a gift as well.  hehehe  now....run out and buy the mag if you want instructions! *wink*


Creative Cardmaking & Papercraft Issue 16

Layered flower using a Paper shaper tool which I affectionately call the doovywacker.

Next up are 3 cards with felt on them.  Felt flowers, birdy, hearts etc.  Had lots of fun stitching these!



The two cards using the yummy Cosmo Cricket Hello Sunshine papers.
Yep...so those were my contributions to Issue 16.  Grab the mag if you're a scrapbooker who wants to make cards with your scraps.  Lots of great ideas and examples in the mag!!

Other highlight of the year so far was a crop at my place while DH was away.  It was to celebrate Mich's birthday.  It was such a good day for me.  Lots of girly chatter, lots of laughs, lots of fun, lots of creative energy to absorb and lots of food was ingested.  Mich, Jorja, Jane, Vita, Lyndal and Felicity came over to play and we played all day long and into the night!!  We went out to dinner at a restaurant close to me and I took them on a scenic route so that they could see the famous Synchrotron...but those girls...they didn't appreciate scientific marvels at all...they just laughed a lot and said I was lost.  Seriously it was like a 3 minute diversion....but those creative creatures had no appreciation for geeky science stuff!!!  hehehehe





1 comment:

mich said...

yeah yeah yeah... keep that Synchrotron story going and I might just believe you one day. ADMIT IT!! You gave us the wrong directions! LOL....

I hope you can have a breather soon before you explode. I personally could not do that to any friend/family, staying at their place for anything more than 2 weeks. If I have to stay for 2 weeks, I'll make sure I make myself scarce most of the time. I hope they help out with your housework or cooking or cleaning!! hehehe....