Friday, April 10, 2009

New lot of cards!!!

These cards were in  Issue 17 of  Creative Cardmaking and Papercraft.  Thrilled to have made cover and sidekick.  hehehe....what's sidekick?  A tiny little picture on the front cover highlighting something the mag editor wants to point out......I guess it's like when you go to Maccas and they say 'would you like any dessert with that?'....yah...an upsell.  hehehe.  Well...cover and two sidekicks for this issue.  hahaha!

Anyways....let's kick off the card show...

Vellum/Parchment paper card with a bit of white heat embossing.  And some dew drops in the centre of some flowers too!  Super simple!! 'heart' this card!
Mother's Day card made with my beloved scallop heart nestabilities.   This was an impulse buy but I'm sooo very glad that I got it because it's certainly earnt it's keep!  Love the texture of the linen bazzill teamed with glitter wrmk papers.
This is the card that made it on the cover!  All lovely and super super simple and pink!
This was a sidekick card.  Kick Ass easy and kick ass cute!!  I've made quite a few of these cards already and what  you can't see on this card is that....the Ben 10 can actually swivel and move....so he's not fixed.   He's got some moves...hehehehe
This heart is one that makes my heart stop.  I love it's pale pale loveliness.  And I have a really great memory linked to this card.  I was struggling with my card assignment when the postie dropped off my latest stampin up order!  Scallop square punch and matching stamps set.  Oh as soon as I saw it....the design popped into my head and I love it.  Thanks Lou!!!
Aaaaah...this was a brads challenge card.  Had to come up with an interesting way to use brads....so they turned into apples.  hehehe.  Supercute card!!
So, again....if you're after a cards magazine that shows you how to use your scrapbooking stash, this is it.  Race out and buy it.  The ideas in there are fantastic and of course you get all the measurements and step by step instructions.

hehehe....what's this layout?  Yes...another coffee layout from me.  I think this could be my 4th coffee layout....no joke!!!  Sadly....my espresso machine has gone to the Philippines where it now works at an internet cafe.  I haven't been able to afford a new espresso machine yet...so I'm back to having Moccona but I've managed to find Fat Free French Vanilla Coffee Mate.  I adore this stuff....fell in lust with it in Vegas and in the States, you can get the liquid version.  Here, we can only get the powdered version at a USA food store.  So yes, Moccona and my French Vanilla Coffee Mate are perfect partners.  The last time I stocked up...I got the last 3 jars....and of course it's all gone and USA food store is still waiting for the shipment to come in.  Very very sad.  I might have to resort to buying the expensive single serve portions at supermarkets again. 

Ok....that's it from me.  I have more to share....another day!!!  I'll draw a winner for the rak next week!







3 comments:

Gina said...

Gorgeous cards!..congrats on the cover and sidekick..I can see why!
Love that bird stamp..have it somewhere amongst my mess..
..and will have to look out for coffee mate..sounds good Gx

Nessa said...

Gorgeous Cards. I actually bought this mag the other day at COLES and I have been drooling over it all weekend. I really love the Ben10 Card and also the tree one and the bird one.. LOL I am loving all cards atm. The bird card reminded me that I hadn't used my birdy stamp in ages so I also made a birdy card this weekend. Will have to pop it on my blog to show you. Inspired by this card but nothing like yours.

Scrapper-holic said...

Hi Ruey

LOVE your cards!! Most espcially the pink cover one!!! Congrats on so many card shows!!