Sunday, August 13, 2006

Fantastic end to the week!


I've had a fabulous weekend... Friday was a lovely lovely productive day....chores after kinder drop off...then went to the park in the afternoon to catch up with Ann, Robbie and Claire....whom we haven't seen for about 6 months.....sort of lost touch when playgroup disbanded...and recently discovered that they are now just living up the road from us. Friday night I actually got around to scrapping my Arty Pants first DT challenge layout which was to use 6 or more photos on a layout....I adored the layout I did.....finally got around to using the SEI Petals and Paisley papers...and did some beading on the layout...and kept adding more stuff....lol ...and i multi tasked and scrapped while watching a movie...Tristan and Isolde...beautiful movie.

Saturday night...we had a fabulous time. MIL and FIL invited themselves around for dinner, then a friend said he was coming too...and more friends said they might pop in for a visit.....so when I mentioned it to Mich...I invited them too and to my surprise....Mich said yes.....although...I thought she was sort of kidding since they live so far away. We had a nice dinner....half of it was takeaway chinese food....crispy roast pork and bbq pork. MIL brought some pasta and filipino crispy 'internals' (I'll spare you the details - but it was tasty), I cooked Pan fried soy ginger salmon, some stirfried garlic shoots n sugar snap peas and baked honey soy wings. Can't remember what else...but we had more than enough to eat and then we started on poker...had lots of fun......Mich's first time ...beginner's luck didn't kick in until her last hand!!! We'll have to organise another poker night.

Jeromel, Ellen and Phaedon had lots of fun as well. Jeromel was kind of bossy with them...as he is with other kids...but when it was time for bed...he was sad that Ellen and Phaedon had gone home...he wanted them to sleep over. I don't know about Phaedon...but I think Ellen wouldn't have minded. Right Mich??? rofl!

Today.....was the Arty Pants little afternoon tea where I got to meet the other DT members...Steph, Chrissy, Connie and Carrie. So nice putting faces to names.....esp Chrissy as she will be moving across to the other side of the country to WA!! And while I was there...DH took the kids and got Krispy Kreme!!! Woo hoooo!!! What a way to end the weekend....hot cup of coffee and a fresh Krispy Kreme! Yummo!!

And I just checked my mail and I won the Scrapping with Scraps blog competiton. Thanks Jilly, Sarah, Lusi and Chrissy!!!! Off to bed now before I turn into a pumpkin!!

4 comments:

judee d said...

Glad you had a good weekend, great to see you again. Congratulations on your win.
See you soon.
L
Judee
P.s Glad you got your krispy creme, pitty the line was so long and we couldn't wait so the DT could share some Krispy Creme. But maybe next time.

Steph said...

Hi Ruey! Nice to meet you on the weekend - sounds like it was a gerat weekend for you! Love your DT layout and congrats on your comp win!

connie said...

So great to meet you on the weekend Ruey!!! i loved meeting all the girls.... will have to do it again soon and this time have a crop as well!!!

Yummo Krispy Creme.. would die for one of them!!!
LOve Connie...

shmj said...

Wow! sounds like a fantastic weekend!! :D