Thursday, April 24, 2008

Life!!

Life has been busy....a good kind of busy.  The normal life a busy Mum of 3 leads....and lots of scrapping too!  I organised a catch up with some friends a couple of weeks ago...on a Saturday....not really a crop...but rather a stamp & play.  They came armed with their stamps, inks, cardstocks, glimmer mists, some mags for inspiration, their cuttlebugs and we played and experimented and stamped and chatted.....it was sooo good catching up with Michelle, Jorja, Vita, Jane, Lyndal and Felicity.  I made Chilli con carne & pico de gallo and we had them with some yummy tortillas, lettuce, cheese & avocado dip.  I had sooo much fun!!  Can't wait for the next one!

Since then, I've been scrapping quite a bit....inspired to scrap by all the packages of supplies that I have ordered from everywhere......you see.....I was very very paper poor.  Extremely paper poor.....hold on to your chairs everyone....I was down to about 20 sheets of whole paper.  Yes....20!  Isn't that absolutely disgusting?  Luckily, I had quite a few mag publication cheques which paid for my new stash...and there's nothing like new stash to bring out the scrapper in me.  LOL...so yes...I have scrapped.  

Oh and we also had sweet Tyrelle's baptism on the 13th April.  I took heaps of photos that day as I was the official photographer...and was really pleased with how they turned out...and then...the unthinkable happened.  My memory card stuffed up....one day the images were there...the next day, I took some photos of layouts and when I checked...the baptism photos were gone.  GONE!!!  I was in such a panic....I really felt like throwing up...just felt sooo sick with horror that the official photographer had lost the photos of such a special event.  An absolute nightmare.  I did a bit of reading online and found that you can buy programs to retrieve lost images from memory cards....and there were quite a few to choose from...so I bought one...and prayed and crossed my fingers....and yes...there is a very very happy ending....and a huge sigh of relief.  So the point of me sharing this is.....download your photos regularly from your camera into your computer...and BURN A COPY TO KEEP.    Hehehe....I'm working on Tyrelle's baptism album right now...so I'll share later on.

Finally, here are some photos taken by the fabulously talented Miss Katie Toland at Crop for Kids.  Truly a fabulous fabulous event and sooooooo much fun!!!


Hey look....that's me there!!!  White tshirt....denim pants....with the daggy bumbag...and I'm looking the other way...but it's me!!!  
View from the balcony...
In the far left hand corner of the photo...you wil see a group of scrappers madly rifling through the Trash n Treasure stand for bargains.  Then on the long table in front of the stage, are the prizes for the first raffle.  And then there is another long pile of prizes for the other raffle.  And then all you can see is a white stick in the middle of a pile of 'mystery' prizes for the express raffle.

You'll also notice our colour coded balloons....white, orange, green & purple.  And they all had numbered tags hanging from each bunch at each table group.  So people were told they were at Orange 1...or purple 3....very easy system!

Oh look...there's me again!!!  Chatting with Lou Spiden......hehehe...and no...Katie was not focussing in on us....she was taking a pic of Jane's fabulous layout.

Another shot taken from the balcony....I'm down there somewhere....hehehe...no...I don't expect you to squint.  ok...back to the point Ruey....this is the other side of the hall....just behind the pillars is where the shops were set up.  Scraptacular, Scrapanalia and Kitiq...and then the kitchen 'window' is there too!  As you can see....the scrappers had lots of room to scrap on their tables and lots of room for totes and for moving around.


Lastly....my husband has left me....yes again!!!  He packed up his bags and flew off last night.  He'll be back in 2 weeks.  Hehehe...yes..you can all breathe a sigh of relief!  I'm missing him so much...and it's only been 24 hours.  It's easier during the day...I can pretend that he's at work...but at night....I miss him....like right now....I'm thinking....when is he going to bring me my cup of tea????  Then I realise he's not here....and I miss him all over again.  *insert teary eyes* sniffle

Nite nite!

No comments: