Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy NSD!!!


I had a little crop at my place....coincidently, I had arranged it for the 2nd of May...not realising that it was National Scrapbooking Day until a week before...so it was great timing!
Mich was the first to arrive at around 10am and Lyndal was the last to leave around 1.45am!  And in between, Christie, Vita and Jorja came to join us too!  It was such a fabulous day!  I set out to start and finish a 20 page 8x8 album for Tyrelle's Baptism (yes with those photos that I had resurrected) and I got it done!  It was great having friends around to keep me motivated.  I think if left to my own devices, it would have taken me oh...a few days at least!  We had lots to chit chat and laugh about, lots to eat & drink...and we had fabulous entertainment.  I lined up Michael  Buble, Beyonce, Kylie etc for entertainment...hehehe...it was just music dvds...but for the whole day...we did concert dvds which was great.  Lyndal brought some concert dvds tooo which was fab!  Jeromel was really good that day...he stuck to our agreement and did not once ask to watch anything on tv...and he was our cuttlebug assistant...he just played, crafted and played on the computer.  And asides from having to pick Jordan up from work around 10pm, the older boys were really good and Jarryd cleared up the kitchen after we had dinner....so all in all....I had the day I wanted to have....a day I needed to have...a day hanging out with friends...a girly crafty day.  So a great big thank you to my boys for letting me have this day and for my friends who came that day to play with me.  





I kept the album really simple......no journalling, because it's not really my memories of the day....and also because you don't really need words for this...it's a themed album...pretty self explanatory.  And I stuck to using the MM Animal Crackers range of papers and Vita lent me her Stampin Up stamps which were perfect!

Asides from that fabulous weekend, the previous weekend, I also did something pretty special....I went to the Buzz n Bloom crop....was supposed to go with Christie, but unfortunately poor Coby broke his wrist ...and the other DT girls had something on....so poor Dev and Helene got me........yah...just me....only one who turned up!  Dev and Helene were absolutely lovely and so welcoming and let me play with sooo many of their new products.  I did a couple of layouts and a couple of cards that day but I got to take home more yummy new stuff to work with...so all in all.....they got 6 layouts, one OTP and 2 cards from me.  Can't wait to get them back so that I can share them.

DH is back now!!  He got back Friday morning...so my family is complete again and normal life continues!!  I'm soo happy...missed him heaps!!

I also got a phone call from Kristy Evans - Editor of Scrapbooking Memories.....the news she told me....I had to sit down for....it took my breath away and rendered me speechless....then I recovered and became a babbling idiot for a bit.   She told me that I am one of two winners for Scrapbooking Memories People's choice awards for 2007!    Hetty Hall is the other winner!!  Congrats Hetty!!!  So, a $500 Urban Lily prize is on it's way to me.

Then today, I found a post on the Arty Pants forum where Andrea posted that I won the Scrapbook Creations Try this Technique comp!!!  Won a $200 prize pack from Bumble Bee Crafts......which I think is MM Noteworthy stuff according to the mag! 

6 comments:

KimA said...

Congrats Ruey! It is soooo nice to win free scrapping goodness

jowong said...

Sweet album!!

That's alot of winning there!

Congrats!

Hetty Hall said...

Hi Ruey, thanks for visiting my blog and the congrats. Congratulations to you also, it is an awesome feeling isn't it. I have never won a scrapping related comp this big before. Congrats also on the SC win, LOL I entered that one as well but alas there can only be one winner :) Your layouts are gorgeous, keep up the good work.
xx
Hetty

judee d said...

rpylkqCongrats Ruey, You totally deserve the prizes.
Keep smiling and healthy
love
Judy

welcome to my world said...

congrats babe

Lyndal said...

Lovely to have shared NSD with you Ruey - and WOOHOO BIG CONGRATS for your wins! ;)
Lyndal